30000-40000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
over 1 year ago
Rate: £30 – 34K
DAY SHIFT PATTERN (MON – FRI).
A leading manufacturer are looking for a Mechanical Biased Maintenance Engineer to join their team in West Bromwich. The Maintenance Engineer position has come available through continued expansion and now require a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer with experience of a factory environment.
Mechanical Maintenance Engineer – Job Role and Responsibilities:
- Your main duties will include, all mechanical preventative and corrective maintenance, including machine repairs, fault finding, lifting mechanisms, waste systems, hydraulics and conveyor systems, as well as machinery diagnosis and repairs.
- Attend daily/weekly team support meetings where required and provide feedback on maintenance
- related issues to operating teams.
- Work to and help create PM schedules and undertake any corrective actions assigned by the Group Operations Manager and Production Manager.
- Report maintenance downtime issues as well as analysing equipment to improve performance.
- Undertake and lead small improvement programs as and when required.
- Take responsibility in assigned areas of ownership and provide a monthly progress report.
- You will also be required to identify critical spares for designated machines and refurbish
- spares as required.
- Undertake administration responsibilities within the role and liaise with manufacturers and
- suppliers as required.
- You will also be required to work in a safe manner following all company policies and
- procedures and ensure all safety systems are in working order.
- Primarily this role will be working on a day shift Monday-Friday but there could be some weekend work required agreed in advance.
- Carry out any other reasonable requests as directed from the Group Operations Manager and Production Manager
Maintenance Engineer – Person Requirements:
You MUST have experience as a Maintenance Engineer and have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Qualified multi-disciplined Engineer City & Guilds in Mechanical or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years Post Apprenticeship Experience
- Lathe/Milling machine operation
- FMCG Environment within Corrugated or Paper is essential
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavor to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful, but please feel free to contact us for an update.