Stoke on Trent
35000-40000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
10 months ago
Location - Stoke on Trent
Salary - Negotiable
A local manufacturer is now looking for a Maintenance Supervisor to join their team. The company is a leading supplier of high value specialist lubricants to manufacturing industries including aerospace, automotive, paper, energy and steel.
The role will be to ensure that coordination and implementation of all Engineering Maintenance activities ensuring that all schedules and Service Contracts are completed in a safe and timely manner in order to satisfy Operational and statutory requirements.
Maintenance Supervisor - Key Accountabilities
- Predictive and preventative maintenance activities in line with engineering plan.
- Support the Management of CAPEX projects, on time and to cost.
- Safe and effective coordination of engineers and contractors during all maintenance activities.
- Schedule machine time with production in order to perform repairs or planned maintenance to equipment and secure necessary materials for the scheduled and unscheduled repairs.
- Establish effective lines of communication and feedback with manufacturing director and production management to ensure prompt attention and resolution of conditions that impact overall plant KPI's.
- Build and maintain history database on equipment, assess breakdowns, prioritize and take appropriate corrective action. Provide technical assistance to ensure shortest possible machine downtime, recording and creating manuals and drawings for early recovery.
- Organize work schedules for a team of fitters and electricians.
- Analyze downtime and develop appropriate countermeasures to reduce / prevent future downtime.
Maintenance Supervisor - Qualifications
- HNC/D Engineering or equivalent
- 17th edition
- Experience of LOLER, PUWER, PSSR, DSEAR legislation
- PLC experience, fault finding and programming (ideally Siemens PCS7)
- At least 3 years' experience supervision in a maintenance department of a manufacturing company
- Effective supervision and coordination skills.
- Excellent level of Microsoft Office applications essential. Experience using SAP an advantage
- Knowledge of maintenance policies and procedures
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions. We will endeavor to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful, but please feel free to contact us for an update.