42000-45000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
12 months ago
Maintenance Team Leader
Salary: 45K + Bonus
Maintenance Team Leader – Overview
A manufacturing company are now looking for an Maintenance Team Leader
to join their team.
Maintenance Team Leader – Responsibility
- Safety – to have and maintain the safety of yourself, colleagues and any visitors as the primary concern at all times.
- Legal Obligations – be familiar and ensure the relevant legal obligations from an operational perspective are satisfied.
- (e.g. HASWA, PUWER, COSHH, LOLER, Workplace Regs, Boiler Plant Regs, COMAH Regs etc)
- Site Documentation - As the site custodian of all operational plant, the appropriate documentation, registers, drawings, schedules and inspection check lists shall be prepared, periodically reviewed and maintained in linen with changes.
- (e.g. site plan, flow diagrams, P&IDs, electrical distribution network drawings, critical devices etc.)
- Production Support – As the priority activity, the Engineering Maintenance team shall provide appropriate and adequate support to the production operation in order that product changeovers and breakdowns are carried out with minimal delays in response and completion times.
- Planned Maintenance – Devise, implement and maintain a planned maintenance strategy, agreed with all key stakeholders, employing specialist contractors as appropriate.
- Such a system is expected to be developed to consider relative operational risk, priorities, available resources and PM system technologies.
- Planned, preventative and predictive maintenance philosophies will be considered as appropriate.
- Equipment Part Schedules & Spares – The planned maintenance strategy is expected to develop clear equipment schedules & spares lists.
- These will be maintained, reviewed as changes occur and all spares, ancillaries & consumables which are deemed necessary to be held on site, will be controlled using an engineering stores system in order that actual inventory levels closely match those required.
- Contractor Management – site management of contractors will be carried out in line with site procedures and policies, ensuring site inductions and permit to work systems are employed as appropriate.
- Process Improvement – improvement opportunities will be identified using kaizen tools & techniques with investments supported by clear business justifications.
- In this position, improvement projects are expected to be driven as the owner of Maintenance Engineering, as well as supporting other project teams as a key stakeholder.
Maintenance Team Leader - job requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Maintenance Team Leader. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Good knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental legislation, applied in an engineering / manufacturing facility.
- Sound mechanical, electrical, instrumentation & process plant and equipment, ideally in liquid transfer and bottle filling systems.
- Some time served on the tools could be a benefit.
- Excellent knowledge of TPM philosophy with applied experience of planned, preventative, and predictive maintenance principles and techniques from the manufacturing, chemical process industry.
- Minimum of 5 years in a manufacturing process environment.
- Must have previously managed operational shift personnel, ideally engineering staff.
- Strong project management skills and ability to prepare and manage equipment specifications through the procurement process.
- Applied commercial skills, particularly in relation to managing service contracts.
For more information please call Sam Arnold on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.