30000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
about 1 year ago
Salary: Circa £30k
A local manufacturing company is looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join their team.
Monday 7am - 4pm, Tuesday - Thursday 7am - 3pm, Friday 7am - 2pm.
Mechanical Engineer - Key Responsibilities
- Performing daily, weekly, monthly and six-monthly preventative maintenance schedules on machinery (including printing, cutting, binding and processing equipment)
- Setting up new machinery and equipment in accordance with company and manufacturer guidelines
- Modifying machinery and equipment, and providing the lab with bespoke fixtures, jigs etc
- Repair and servicing of plant and buildings. Responding to problems and issues such as power failures, water leaks etc
- Supporting maintenance checks on the security and fire alarm systems
- Maintaining up-to-date records of all plant and equipment, ensuring that modifications and repairs are fully documented
- Handling chemicals (e.g. developing/processing chemicals)
- Initiating and carrying out projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs
- Supporting the lab during peak season, from mid-November through to the end of December, and working additional hours when required
Mechanical Engineer - Qualifications
- Experience of installing/maintaining/repairing machinery and working with complex electro mechanical devices (such as motors and gears)
- Experience of plant/building maintenance
- Recognised qualification in an electrical or mechanical discipline
- Knowledge of current electrical and mechanical legislation.
- Knowledge of pneumatics
- Ability to follow technical documentation, such as installation guides
- Experience of working with printing or processing equipment
- Experience of working with compressed air
Mechanical Engineer - Company Benefits
* 25 days' holiday (plus bank holidays) + 2 additional days' holiday after 5 years of service
* Facility to buy up to 5 days' holiday per year and Facility to sell up to 5 days' holiday per year (once accrued)
* Facility to take unpaid sabbaticals of between 3 and 12 months
* Compassionate leave and pay
* Official earlier finishing time on Fridays during summer, Plus MANY more benefits
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavor to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful, but please feel free to contact us for an update.