40000-45000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
26 days ago
Salary: £40k - £44k
A large Aerospace Manufacturing company are now looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to join their team.
Manufacturing Engineer - SUMMARY
Drive manufacturing processes towards zero defects. Improve capability, process control and performance. Work to fully understand the manufacturing processes and analyse deviations and trends. Provide general technical support.
Manufacturing Engineer - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Provide support for employees, external customers, or suppliers with regard to process performance and product quality and conformance to both internal and external specifications
- Work to improve yield, scrap, first time pass and material costs
- Carry out root cause analysis, identify and record sources of ‘special cause’ events and process variation that adversely affect process performance and product quality
- Identify and implement corrective and preventive actions specifically designed to improve product conformance to specification and process capability in collaboration and agreement with process owners, operators and suppliers as appropriate
- Carry out systematic and periodic review of production systems and processes to ensure adherence with Standard Operating Practices and that product conformance to specification and process capability standards are maintained or improved. Deviations are immediately brought to the attention of the process owner/operator, and a CAR (Corrective Action Request) generated and sent to the process owner wherever appropriate
- Create or modify standard operating procedures as required to help improve product conformance to specification and process capability
- Ensure that any documentation created complies with company quality system as appropriate
- Report agreed key performance indicators relating to department performance against benchmark or targets, where specified, at a frequency agreed with the Manager
- Attend training sessions and develop relevant knowledge and skills commensurate with role
- Keep abreast with developments in new and current technology relative to production processes and identify ways this technology can be used and implemented at the company.
- Support New Product Development initiatives
- Support the review of material on technical hold or referred for quality reasons in a timely manner and action appropriately, which may include; additional process instructions, process route changes, rework, consultation with customer or rejection as required to ensure product conformance to customer specification with the least financial impact and/or effect on overall business objectives
- Carry out specific projects in timescales agreed with the Manager
- Abide by company Health and Safety Policy and procedures at all times
- Ensure all activities are carried out in accordance with Company Environmental Policy
Manufacturing Engineer - QUALIFICATIONS
The ideal candidate will come from the Manufacturing Industry as a Manufacturing Engineer. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold a HNC, HND or BEng in a field such as Manufacturing, Metallurgy, Mechanical or Materials Engineering, (Or equivalent service in relevant industry with key training)
- Good communication skills for effective liaison and teamwork.
- Problem-solving skills, analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work on several tasks or projects concurrently.
- Commercial acumen and an awareness of the business value of work undertaken.
- Presentation skills - to present ideas and findings to colleagues and customers.
- The ability to work well independently, with minimum supervision.
- Drive, enthusiasm and self-motivation.
- An aptitude for mathematics and statistics and highly developed IT and technical skills.
For more information please call Jessica Davies on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.