50000-60000 Per Annum
5 months ago
Salary: £50k - £60k plus relocation costs covered
A specialist manufacturing company who produce packing for a wide range of industries are now looking for a Manufacturing Manager with a strong engineering and Continuous Improvement background to join their team.
Manufacturing Manager – Responsibility
- Ensure company H & S policy is adhered to at all times by all team members
- Ensure company environmental policy is adhered to at all times
- Lead the production department lean transformation using appropriate lean tools and methods
- Work to foster a culture of continuous improvement
- Assume ownership of all improvement activities including prioritising, scheduling and allocation of resources and ensure improvement activity is aligned with commercial objectives
- Lead /write content for daily stand up meeting
- Identify gaps in skills/knowledge and schedule appropriate training
- Ensure KPI targets are met
- Work closely with Sales and Ops teams to ensure good communication maintained internally and externally
- Defects to be recorded as soon as they are identified
- Take ownership of SOP writing programme
- Complete audit tasks within set times
- Ensure stock levels are accurate at all times (oversight only)
- Arrange team building/social events as required
- Lead and motivate production team members
- Conduct scheduled performance reviews with team members
- Ensure the production team deliver on the London Stone brand promise and all team members work in accordance with the company’s values
- Manage recruitment
- Write/review risk assessments for new equipment/machinery purchases or changes to process
- Manage disciplinary issues and conflict resolution
- Create reports as necessary to deliver the commercial goals of the department
- Attend weekly customer fulfilment meeting and report to BOD as necessary
Manufacturing Manager - job requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Manufacturing Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications, and experience:
- Experience of managing a large production team
- Ideally hold a SixSigma Blackbelt
- Implemented lean and continuous improvement initiatives with proven results
- Ideally hold an engineering qualification or a good understanding of engineering
- The ideal candidate will also come from the packaging or corrugated industry.
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.