55000-60000 Per Annum
3 months ago
Location: Wisbech, Cambridgeshire
Salary: Circa £55k plus excellent benefits
A local engineering and manufacturing company are now looking for an Manufacturing Manager to join their team.
The company is part of a much larger group specialising in the Food Manufacturing Industry in a very fast paced and autonomous environment.
Manufacturing Manager – Job Overview:
- An opportunity has arisen for an Operations Manager at our manufacturing plant in Wisbech, Cambridgeshire.
- The plant is a high-volume production facility, producing approx. 1 million units per day. We relying on a skilled workforce to ensure the optimum operation of our largely automated but traditional production lines.
- In this influential and challenging role you will lead, support and develop a team of over 40 mechanical and engineering colleagues across the production, technical and maintenance functions.
- In collaboration with other functions, you will play a key role in all aspects of the production process including safety, efficiency, product quality, and cost control.
- Your responsibilities will include overseeing all manufacturing areas, leading engineering projects, driving team development and continuous improvement activities.
- You will have a production mindset, be organised and be data and process quality driven.
- You will report directly to the Plant Manager and will be expected to deputise for them when they are off site.
Manufacturing Manager – Person Requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from a fast paced manufacturing environment as an Manufacturing Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Have an engineering qualification such as HNC, HND or BEng
- Have a strong understanding of engineering principles
- Ideally come from the food production, packaging or other fast paced, FMCG environment
- Ideally have a SixSigma Qualification or strong understanding of LEAN Principles such as 5S, SPC etc
- Strong leadership and resilience, coupled with coaching and developing competence.
- Excellent communication skills at all business levels (fluency in English is compulsory).
- Drive and ambition for personal development and progression within the business.
This role would be suitable for a Production Manager, Manufacturing Manager, Factory Manager or Operations Manager
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.