28000-35000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
9 months ago
Salary: £28k - £35k plus excellent benefits
A electronics manufacturing company are now looking for a Master Scheduler to join their team.
Master Scheduler - Role Overview and Responsibilities
Achieve customer satisfaction by ensuring delivery of the correct products on time, and with the required quantities. This will be possible by adequate scheduling, by managing internal capacity & demand. The role is responsible for providing timely and accurate information pertaining to sales, inventory and operations planning to all stakeholders, cost control & improve factory productivity & efficiency
Master Scheduler - Key Responsibilities
- Develop local production plan along with scheduling and purchasing.
- Maintaining and assisting in the running of the production schedule by adhering to job start and completion dates.
- Assisting in defining and implementing balanced production plans & levelled schedules
- Weekly reporting of KPI metrics showing volume of work and delays – highlighting key areas for improvement.
- Use analytical and quantitative methods to understand, predict and enhance supply chain processes.
- Meet individual targets set by the Operations Manager.
- Develop and maintain reports, helping to identify where the business can improve.
- Monitor the order intake & order book. Predict shortcomings, in particular under and overload situations and keep others updated as appropriate.
- Develop a Finished stock and WIP control system.
- Monitor and drive improvement in OTTP.
- Identify production bottle necks.
- Participate in development and evaluation of what-if simulations to resolve demand-supply imbalances.
Master Scheduler - Qualifications, Skills and Attributes
The ideal candidate MUST come from the manufacturing industry as a Master Scheduler. You will also have the following skills, qualifications, and experience:
- Competent computer and analytical skills
- Strong ability to time manage and prioritise work
- Ability to work within a team, build rapport and credibility with colleagues.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead and facilitate progressive change.
- Self-starter capable of chasing issues to resolution
- Detail & data driven.
- Critical thinking – can challenge assumptions.
- Active listener
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- High level of computer literacy, experience with MS Office & ERP systems
- Minimum of 5 A*s – Cs GCSEs
- Understanding of MRP systems will be an advantage
Master Scheduler - Desirable Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Planning experience within a technical manufacturing company
- SIOP / IBP training courses and/or certification(s)