30000-40000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
9 months ago
Material Controller Manager
Salary: £30k-£40k + Car Allowance
Material Controller Manager - Job Role:
- To control the delivery process and schedules for all production components, including cancellations, deferments and expediating parts
- To maintain safety stock levels, ensure on time component delivery, ensuring that components are cleared through custom and daily liaison with suppliers.
- Investigate and take action to reduce slow moving and dead stock items, investigating options for the sale to eliminate any potential loss to the business.
- Understand and control any key switch dates for any Engineering Changes, for all component parts, ensuring an appropriate run out and control of costs.
- Maintain a strong and stable department, maintaining a professional and efficient organisation to meet the customer and Company’s requirements.
- To maintain a smooth production schedule by ensuring Material Control take all the relevant measures to ensure parts supply is maintained through planning integrity, quality and delivery in all aspects
Material Controller Manager – Person Requirements:
- Be highly motivated with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Have Self pride in the standard of work conducted.
- Be ab effective motivator & communicator at all levels.
- Be able to work on own initiative and in team environment.
- Be diligent with a strong attention to detail
- IOSH qualification
- ILM/NVQ Level 4 Supervisory Management or equivalent
- Experience within a high volume manufacturing Production Engineering environment with experience of quality systems
- Implementations of 5s, Kaizen and TPM and capable of capacity planning
- Produce projects and budgets within timescales
- Degree in mechanical and/or engineering production
- ONC/HNC in mechanical and/or production engineering.