35000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
over 2 years ago
Material Purchasing Manager
A well-established manufacturingand design company are looking for a material purchasing manager. The correct candidate will be reporting to the Head of Supply Chain to ensure daily management of the Supply Chain Purchasing team. They will Control the ordering of Appliances, Accessories, and production materials from suppliers in line with agreed installation date and manage supplier relationships to ensure required standards and service levels are met.
Senior Buyer - Responsibilities would include:
- Completing and monitoring of departmental KPI`s
- Manage and develop a multi skilled team ensuring 3x3 cover is provided in all areas.
- Create and manage full purchasing plan in partnership with department head.
- Manage purchasing from all business purchasing systems as well as maintenance of product codes.
- Take ownership of all purchased items, those ordered by your team as well as those purchased in other areas of supply chain.
- Ensuring weekly appliance orders / call offs with suppliers are completed in line with the Installation dates and supplier lead times.
- Address daily supply issues to support OTIF deliveries.
- Effective requirements planning, maintaining lean stock levels whilst at the same time zero stock outs.
- Monitoring of supplier performance ensuring that all agreed SLA’s are met. Including receipt of proof of deliveries, that agreed delivery times are adhered to and that the supplier invoices are in line with agreed costs.
- Participate in project work relevant to purchasing role.
- Other Supply Chain department duties as required, and as the role and systems develop.
- Any other reasonable duties specified by the Head of the Department.
Senior Buyer – Person Requirements:
You will also have the following skills, qualifications, and experience:
- Experience in a similar role
- Prior experience of working with commercial and operational departments.
- Confident with or ability to learn ERP packages and Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Has a ‘can do’ attitude.