25000-35000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
5 months ago
Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: Greater Manchester
Salary: £25 - £35K plus excellent benefits
A large Electronics Manufacturing company are now looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their team.
Mechanical Design Engineer – Overview
• Design of new products focusing on aesthetics, user experience, and DFM detailing, in collaboration with the electronics and manufacturing teams.
• Modifications to existing designs based on new requirements, internal issues, or customer feedback.
• Close working with the in-house moulding facility to optimise processes and implement new tooling.
• Testing of new and existing designs to functional and regulatory requirements.
• Advising and testing of alternative polymers.
• Reporting back to management about the status of projects.
The successful Mechanical Design Engineer must have:
• 3 or more years’ experience of designing plastic injection moulded parts with Solidworks.
• Experience of running tooling projects from specification and DFM, to volume manufacturing.
• The confidence to solve problems and advise a manufacturing team on the solution.
• An eye for user experience.
It would be an advantage if the Mechanical Design Engineer had:
• Experience of Keyshot rendering, Photoshop, AutoCAD or DDM systems.
• Understanding of version control systems such a PDM Works.
• Knowledge of the properties of polymers and their implications in design.
• Understanding of electronic PCB design principles.
• Experience of standards and regulations for fire and security products.
For more information please call Josie Pike on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.