25000-35000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
almost 3 years ago
Salary: £25 - £35k Negotiable
A local manufacturing company are looking for a Metallurgist to join their team.
The Metallurgist shall be able to analyse and report on failures from multiple grades of low alloy steel and heat treatments utilizing the scanning electron microscope. Review and analyse causes of failure on assembled automotive components based on test results and provide conclusions that can be relayed to the customers.
Metallurgist - Job Role and Responsibilities:
- In depth evaluation and failure analysis for material and process problems as identified from 0km and warranty customer returns, samples, validation test rig failures. Drawing conclusions and reporting accurately on findings.
- Perform analysis using a scanning electron microscope and EDS.
- Contribute and help to maintain health and safety (risk analysis and environmental standard in the laboratory.
- Ensure metallurgical based equipment is calibrated in accordance with required scheduled.
- Support for production quality controls e.g Rollscan.
- Ability to operate within production time constraints and determine possible causes for production material related issues and provide possible solutions or containment methods.
- Coordinate with the support of the materials team leader work load priority within the laboratory so that deadlines are achieved.
- Provide training and support to the lab technicians to help their development. The role will include some diverse manufacturing and material issues which will require problem solving innovation.
- Regular attendance to monthly communicating to ensure understanding of the organisation the importance of meeting customer as well as statutory and regulatory requirements
- Proactively ensures quality procedures and guidelines are followed to ensure quality objectives are met
- Escalates any customer quality concern immediately upon identification
Metallurgist - Essential requirements:
- A degree or equivalent in metallurgy or materials science/engineering.
- A minimum of 3 years' industry based experience in a metallurgist role.
- Experience in metallurgy of heat treated low alloy steels.
- An understanding of chemicals, oils and coatings would be beneficial.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team or individually
For more information please call Emily Jackson on 0161 976 3540
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.