40000-50000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
almost 2 years ago
Monday – Thursday Fixed
£40K - £50K (dependant on experience)
The Moulding Process Engineer will provide specialist technical support for the specification, purchase, installation and qualification of Plastic Injection Mould tools and associated equipment.
The Moulding Process Engineer will provide support for fault finding and process improvements on existing mould tools and equipment as well as exploring new technologies for plastic injection moulding and process technologies.
Key Responsibilities: Process Engineer
- To technically support the development and implementation of new products into manufacture, support these through life-cycle and continuously develop manufacturing process to improve efficiency, cost and yield.
- Carry out tooling and processing trials (DoE) as required for new products, equipment and materials as determined by project and operational requirements, maintaining accurate and specific documentation to enable efficient and effective handover to production.
- Develop and maintain auxiliary tooling and equipment specifications relevant to the processing of new and existing components.
- Actively seek out and pursue cost reduction opportunities and continuous improvement initiatives to deliver results in line with Company objectives.
- Promote root cause problem solving as a tool to deliver results in line with Company objectives.
- Conduct process audits to ensure that best practice is fully implemented and maintained within the manufacturing environment.
- Extend the use of O.E.E. and T.P.M. techniques throughout manufacturing as tools to deliver improvements in productivity and plant utilisation in line with Company objectives
- Provide process and operational training to operators, Moulding Technicians and support staff to develop and maintain levels of competence within the Company
Experience & Skills: Process Engineer
- Broad knowledge and technical understanding of all aspects of plastic injection moulding and tooling.
- Injection mould machine expertise and process configuration.
- Knowledge of polymers and injection mould tool designs.
- Sector experience ideally automotive or injection moulding industries.
- Leadership of operational engineering teams to optimise team performance and development.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects to a deadline.
- Project management skills (MS Project), structured and controlled working practices with clear and accurate documentation, reporting and presentation skills.
- Risk analysis, FMEA, SPC, DoE, process capability and Six Sigma methodologies.
Qualifications: Process Engineer
- Degree in an Engineering discipline is preferred
- Alternatively, 10 years’ experience in an injection moulding process development role.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.