29000-31000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
3 months ago
Buyer & MRP Planner
The MRP Planner & Buyer's responsibilities will include determining material specifications, creating, and maintaining inventory schedules, coordinating with internal departments, and managing external stakeholder relations.
Buyer - Responsibilities would include:
- Championing a Demand Driven MRP culture across the organisation to ensure all necessary departmental inputs are aligned to generate system demand.
- To assist in identifying, developing, and enforcing MRP disciplines to aid overall traceability of end product.
- To develop and promote a mutualistically progressive relationship with Production planning and scheduling such that stock-outs are minimized.
- To cultivate a robust demand forecasting process that is flexible with a complex supply chain inherently dynamic.
- Working with the After-Sales team the incumbent will establish a comprehensive stock holding of required parts, inclusive of lead times, minimum order quantities, and stock levels, based on historic usage data and “product entry into market” levels.
- Purchase goods, materials, components and services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets.
- Support the purchasing function and other relevant departments and communicate any supply problems which may impact on business operations.
- Work closely with others in the procurement function and review opportunities for continuous improvement and business improvements.
- Prepare and raise purchase orders and order schedules.
Buyer– Person Requirements:
- Advanced EPICOR MRP knowledge.
- Self-driven and self-motivated.
- Ability to effectively communicate with suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- CIPS Level 3+.
- Pro-active and able to show initiative/ideas to constantly improve.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- Purchasing experience in a manufacturing/ production environment.
- The ability to work under your own initiative with a high degree of integrity and honesty.
- Strong eye for detail and organisational skills, striving for a high level of accuracy.
- Possess good IT skills (Excel, Word, Access, etc.).