30000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
6 months ago
National Stock & Compliance Project Specialist
Location: Warrington (Remote)
Salary: Circa £30k
This is an associate-level role within the Operations team. The key function of the National Stock & Compliance Project Specialist is to assist, manage and support the successful delivery of departmental improvement projects scoped using the Lean methodology.
National Stock & Compliance Project Specialist – Job Role:
- Lead assigned projects from scoping to successful delivery on time and in budget.
- Provide support to the National Stock & Compliance Manager on larger business improvement projects through tasks such as data analysis, project documentation and stakeholder management.
- Identify opportunities for business improvement using Lean frameworks.
- Support the development of a culture of sustainable change and improvement underpinned by Lean methodology through both observable behaviours and project output.
- Focus on; change management, operational planning and operational readiness.
- Ensure projects do not exceed agreed budgets and ensure that any expenditure is in-line with strategic objectives.
- Support management team with the creation of business cases for new initiatives under the Continuous Improvement umbrella.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of changes in the external marketplace to ensure latest best practice is promoted internally.
- Produce analysis to evidence the company-wide benefit of projects managed and delivered.
- Develop strong internal and external stakeholder relationships to influence the timely delivery of projects.
- Train front-line staff on changes being delivered by the completed projects.
- Be an ambassador to the wider business for change programmes and the Lean way of thinking.
- Self-manage professional development plan with support of line manager.
- Promote a positive Health and Safety culture in line with Safety F1rst principles.
- Ensure compliance to all policies and procedures including but not limited to driving on Company business, as and when required to do so.
- Ensure the correct PPE is worn when visiting Company locations and customer sites
- Comply with relevant site rules when visiting Company locations.
- Responsible for personal Safety, and that of visitors, contractors and customers within relevant jurisdiction.
National Stock & Compliance Project Specialist – Person Requirements:
- Educated with a Degree (preferably in Engineering, Quality, Operations, Logistics, Business & Administration or similar) or equivalent work experience.
- Understanding of Lean philosophy and principles (e.g. value stream mapping, kaizen, 5S, etc.)
- Excellent communication and analytical skills with the ability to distil complex ideas and data into meaningful information and be understood at all levels of the organisation.
- Experience of project management or business analysis within a corporate organisation preferred.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office suite (Microsoft Excel particularly important but knowledge of Microsoft Access and Microsoft Project desirable) and a decent general level of technical competence.