50000-55000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
almost 3 years ago
New Product Development Manager
Location - Hoyland
Salary - Circa £55k
A local manufacturer is now looking for a New Product Development Manager to join their team.
New Product Development Manager- Key Accountabilities
- To manage, mentor and coach the Engineering / NPD Team, through structured, defined and agreed standards / procedures, with clear planned versus target management and support.
- Ensure internal company standards and procedures are developed, audited and complied with. Efficient organisation and utilisation of staff, including compliance with health and safety standards, skills flexibility, training, planning and cover to maintain NPD Engineering output.
- Responsible for overall structured actions to complete the companies stage gate / validation process relevant to: New Product Introduction projects and improvement / re-validation of legacy products projects, including:
- DFM assessment, prototype build, BOM structure, Process, health & safety, tooling / fixtures design / manufacture / prove out (including provision and prove out of associated tools, plant, equipment, programming), process capability prove out, drawing specification improvements / changes, weld standards / procedures / validation, in process and final inspection criteria / requirements, SOP / Work Instructions defined / proven, value stream mapped - value added / non value added time / costs, pre-production prove out, production training and handover.
- Facilitate Design for Manufacture teams to improve processing options for Automation
- Project manage the implementation of ISO3834 to level 3 accreditation and in preparation to Level 2
New Product Development Manager - Person Specification
- Minimum 5 years' experience in Engineering Management/ Engineering Project Management
- 2D/3D CAD user experience (ideally Creo Elements/Pro 5.0, AutoCAD 2D and Windchill PDMLink10.0.
- Experience of Robotics and/or other Automated manufacturing methods
- Jigs/Fixture design experience, preferably within Fabrication and/or Automation
- Process research and development within a manufacturing environment
- Broad experience of design, manufacturing, and quality engineering including CAD CAM, metal cutting / forming, fabrication, welding, automation / robotics, CNC milling/turning. and finishing technologies.
- Lean Manufacturing principles and process evaluation experience.
- Project Management experience.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavor to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful, but please feel free to contact us for an update.