30000-35000 Per Annum
almost 3 years ago
Salary: £30k - £35k plus excellent benefits
A local plastic injection moulding company now require an NPI Engineer to join their team.
NPI Engineer - Job Responsibilities and Tasks:
- To maintain and improve the introduction of new power tool models, components and projects meeting the specifications, quality, cost and time frame targets in accordance with company procedures and standards.
- To maintain and improve the development of product and individual components.
- To support special projects as and when required.
- To deliver general business, departmental and personal objectives.
Head of Continuous Improvement - POSITION ACTIVITIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To be responsible for the planning, co-ordination, monitoring, reporting and introduction of new products, projects and components in accordance with departmental procedures, management instruction, quality, cost and delivery targets.
- Ensure external manufacturing processes are capable and consistent of giving the correct component specification and quality.
- Ensure the maintenance, replacement and repair/refurbishment of supplier loaned production tooling, ensuring that deliveries are consistent, correct and to component specification and quality.
- Develop and implement plans to meet company objectives.
- Monitor plans and recommend adjustments (where necessary) to take into account deviations which could effect on time delivery.
- Understand general business, departmental and personal objectives and develop independent/team solutions to achieve the required targets.
- Compile new product and promotion manufacturing quotations within the specified time frame and ensure the correct selection of supplier, manufacturing process, material and component cost.
- Provide accurate information for the Technical Information Centre to deliver prompt and accurate introductions of Engineering Changes, Bills of Material, Product Promotions and other relevant procedures, minimising the value of redundant stock.
- Make engineering decisions and recommendations based upon limited information by using your professional judgment and consideration to the level of risk, within the parameters defined by the department manager, company policies and authorisation system.
- Develop the maintenance and delivery of agreed cost savings, OTIF delivery and quality improvement objectives.
- Advise, lead, motivate and support your immediate and cross departmental colleagues, using your personal supervisory skills.
NPI Engineer - job requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as an NPI Engineer. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold an engineering qualification such as HNC, HND or BEng
- Formal Qualification for the use of Pro-Engineer Computer Aided Design Software. 0 Formal Qualification for the use of Autocad Computer Aided Design Software.
- Proven applied understanding of production commodity groups (Plastic Injection Moulding, Aluminium and/or Magnesium Die casting, Metal Pressing and/or Metal Injection Moulding or Metal Turning, Heat Treatment and Hardening processes).
- New Product Introduction Management or Supervision.
- MRP / MAP (AS400) Computer Systems.
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.