50000-60000 Per Annum
6 months ago
Location: Hinckley, Leicestershire
Salary: Circa £50k plus £7k company car allowance
A large manufacturing company are now looking for an NPI Manager to join their team.
- Responsible for a variety of dissimilar activities within a department.
- Adaptive thinking requiring some creative improvement and developing of techniques and methods.
- Sets operational objectives and targets for self and others. Refers to a higher level of authority judgements and decisions on matters that fall outside of agreed objectives or own functional authority.
- Has line managerial responsibility for monitoring, developing and reporting on the performance of others.
- Decisions, advice and actions extend to a wider group of teams within the same service area or department.
- Development and implementation of strategic product development plans to achieve the company’s mission statement and business goals.
- The efficient and effective cross- functional project management of the NPD process from design through to launch, in accordance to agreed business plans.
- Effective delivery of the NPD/NPI business plan to agreed timescales and budget The development of an improved planning process leading to:
- Reduced time to market for new product I product amends
- Improved cross- functional collaboration and understanding RFT new product introduction
- Project planning and management.
- Efficient management of the department resource and staff. Achieves budget and implements development planning process.
- Forges a strong relationship with the marketing and communication department to jointly develop and launch new opportunities in product and design.
- Develop close relationships with engineering, purchasing, and installation departments to ensure that new product is designed for manufacture, ease and speed of installation, and can be competitively sourced.
- Development of coding principles and methods in line with our right first time policy.
- Sourcing of new components, suppliers, and methods, development of material specifications and master sample maintenance.
- Providing explanations on complex matters and influencing others by persuasion
- Communication may be infrequent with external contacts but will be essential to the successful performance of the post holder’s work
- Development of relevant KPI that enable all areas of the business to easily assess the department's performance. Reports monthly to joint MD on aspects of progress
- Compliance with the companies ISO 9000 -2000 certification. Actively promotes and uses the CI aspects of the standard.
- Actively promotes and improves health and safety within the department
- Produces and controls all documentation for the product directory I fitting manuals
- Oversee ‘specials’ creation
NPI Manager - job requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a NPI Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Ideally hold an engineering qualification such as HNC, HND or BEng
- Product Design
- Project Management
- People Management and Development
- 3D CAD Skills
- High level IT Skills
- Budget Management
- Process Improvement
- Production Engineering
- Excellent Materials Knowledge
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.