50000-60000 Per Annum
over 2 years ago
Health and Safety Manager
Salary: £50k - £60k
A local engineering company who design, fabricate and install specialist products for the water industry are now looking for a Health and Safety Manager to work as an Operations Manager
Health and Safety Manager / Operations Manager - Role and Responsibilities
- Management of Operations and Output for the business
- Direct Management of Procurement and Operations staff members including Workshop Management staff.
- Management of Health and Safety and Quality for the business
- Plan, forecast and expedite monthly output, ensuring client's expectations are met with delivery schedules and output figures are maintained.
- Ensure that production schedules are kept to and assist operations with logistical changes.
- Ensure that all our processes are meeting the standards set out in our Quality Manual and in line with ISO9001.
- Manage ISO9001 documentation and systems
- Ensure that all processes and procedures, equipment and employees fall in line with the Health and Safety requirements of the company. This includes ensuring all testing and certification is kept up to date.
- Responsible for Health and Safety documents updated to reflect current requirements, standards and legislation
- Manage all company risk assessments for equipment, processes and day to day activities. This includes work equipment and machinery.
- Control the NCR system and investigate all non-conformances and report on the findings
- Control the Accident/Incident and Near Miss reporting, ensuring investigations are carried out and report findings.
- Ensure that all operation activities fall in line with ISO14001 Environmental Standard
- Oversee the procurement and stock process and ensure that they meet the requirements of the company.
- Report monthly at the management meetings all relevant activity for your area.
Health and Safety Manager / Operations Manager - Person requirements and experience:
The ideal candidate will be an Operations Manager from a Health and Safety Background within the Manufacturing Industry, you will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold a NBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- Understanding of ISO 9001 & ISO 14001
- Management of people within Manufacturing
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.