45000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
25 days ago
Salary: Circa £45k - £3k CPC
Reporting to the Managing Director, the focus will be to lead and manage all operations, and through efficient management of the operation grow profitability and provide a consistent quality of service to our customers. The Operations Manager will be accountable for the depot performance in respect of drivers and operational staff and managing the customer experience, dealing with any customer service issues that arise.
Operations Manager - Job Role:
- Accountable for ensuring drivers and operational staff adhere to the Company Health and Safety Policies and regulations.
- Drive engagement with the depot team, including driving staff and customers
- To manage the operations team in accordance with Rotala policies, standard operating procedures and all relevant legislation
- To deliver agreed plans and budgets, including established level of service and service quality.
- To ensure staff planning at the depot meets the operating requirements of the business
- Ensure an effective working relationship with recognised trade union representatives and officials
- To manage and plan collision reduction and staff/passenger injury reduction
- To ensure the effective management of Injury Prevention.
- To manage and deliver agreed key performance indicators
- To ensure positive working relationships are maintained between operations, commercial and engineering functions
- To ensure positive working relationships are maintained between the Company and Local Authorities.
- Liaise with external bodies to improve performance of lost miles and punctuality.
- To ensure all cash handling procedures are followed
- To carry out driver appraisals and direct report appraisals and improve staff skills and identify any training needs.
- To conduct any disciplinary, grievance or absence management reviews in accordance with Company policy.
- To ensure all drivers are inducted effectively.
- To ensure that staff welfare issues are dealt with effectively.
Operations Manager – Person Requirements:
- Strong people management and leadership skills, capable of motivating and maintaining discipline with operational staff
- Excellent customer service skills
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to analyse reports
- An appropriate level of IT skills
- Educated to at least GCSE Maths & English Pass or equivalent
- An appropriate level of understanding of vehicle maintenance
- Possession of a Certificate of Professional Competence (or working towards one)is desirable to enable management of compliance with O’ licence and Transport Manager responsibilities