over 2 years ago
Operations Planning Manager
Salary: up to £45k plus benefits package
My client is a major commercial cleaning equipment manufacturer, who due to growth are looking for an Operations Planning Manager to plan capacity and raw material requirements through the use of business analysis and forecast. You will also be required to produce shop floor schedules to make sure that products are made productively and to the desired time scale.
Operations Planning Manager - Job Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Producing shop floor production plans for both finished goods and sub-assemblies to ensure a high level of on time delivery.
- Using sales information to carry out the master production scheduling production and achievable manufacturing plan for the business.
- Analysing daily output with the manufacturing managers and responding to problems and communicating changed to various teams within the business.
- Making sure capacity meets both short term demand and long-term strategy.
- Using data to provide accurate business forecasts.
- Improving planning processes to improve both on time delivery and manufacturing costs.
Operations Planning Manager - Job Requirements:
- A proven background of production planning and scheduling, ideally from a manufacturing background.
- Significant experience of ERP planning systems.
- A track record of improving business processes.
- Knowledge of ERP/MRP set up and strategies to optimise operations and performance.
- Good knowledge of Supply Chain strategies.
- An excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent presentation skills, both verbal and written.
- A proven track record of making significant improvements on productivity through various improvement models.
- Super user status in forecasting, planning and scheduling functions of an ERP system.
- Educated to a level 3 qualification.
- Knowledge of LEAN methodologies.
- Experience of leading a team to optimise planning across operations.
For more information please call Mike Lucas on 07932647395.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.