23000-27000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
over 1 year ago
Salary: 23-27K plus benefits and optional call out bonuses
A manufacturing company are now looking for an PDI Engineer.
to join their team.
PDI Engineer – Overview
carry out the preparation and repainting of materials handling equipment and complete pre-delivery inspection on all new equipment to preset standards prior to dispatch to customer or dealer. Ensure best practice with quality and professionalism are met at all times.
PDI Engineer – Responsibility
- Preparation for paint and painting of fork trucks and ancillary equipment to the required quality.
- Completion of pre-delivery inspection on all new equipment to a required quality standard prior to dispatch to customer or dealer,
- Submit detailed parts requisitions, providing all information required for the computer job records and ensure the correct parts are ordered accurately and on a timely basis.
- Ensure that all documentation (including completed job sheets, time sheets, etc.) are fully completed as instructed, adhering to ISO9001:2000 procedure, and that they are passed to the admin department promptly.
- Always work safely in accordance with the company Safe Working Practice and H&S standards.
- Keeping the work area clean, tidy and organised in accordance with ISO14001 standards.
- Unloading of trucks, equipment, batteries, chargers etc. that relate to the department Inspection of above equipment upon arrival and to produce a ‘goods received note’.
- Inspect trucks coming into the process and in conjunction with the Equipment Preparation Manager, carry out machine preparation and repainting as required to agreed standard.
- Remove and refit parts and ancillaries as and when required.
- To identify any damage on trucks coming into the paint shop process, advising the Equipment Preparation Manager promptly and with timescales required to rectify.
- To keep non-utilised/recoverable time to a minimum by liaising closely with the Equipment Preparation Manager, and planning workload.
- Assist with the machine cleaning process as and when required.
- To work mostly without supervision by using own initiative, and to maintain Impact Handling standards of quality at all times.
- Keep work area clean and tidy.
- To ensure that any defective tooling or equipment is brought to the immediate attention of the Equipment Preparation Manager or Depot Manager.
PDI Engineer - job requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a PDI Engineer. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- FLT experience is essential
- Previous experience as a PDI engineer would be ideal
- Working experiecne of adhering to both ISO 9001 & 14001
For more information please call Sam Arnold on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.