45000-80000 Per Annum
about 2 months ago
Pre-Construction Manager – D&B Office Fit Out - £DOE
My client are a Birmingham city centre based D&B office fit out contractor that are currently recruiting for a dynamic Pre Construction Manager to join their rapidly growing business. They turnover £30M and are one of the market leading D&B fit out contractors throughout the UK.
They deliver projects throughout the Midlands and projects are valued up to £5,000,000. With average project value circa £1.5M. The Pre Con Manager will be expected to control between 2-3 sites simultaneously and report into the Pre Con Director. You will manage your own diary and be expected to be in the office 2-3 days per week. The other days you’ll be out meeting with clients, subcontractors and conducting site surveys etc.
You will come from a commercial background (QS/Est) and be very commercially aware and have excellent costing, budgeting and forecasting experience. You will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience at this level and will have extensive D&B knowledge. The current team consists of3 Pre Con Managers and a clear progression path onto Senior Pre Con Management is available.
This will be a 2-stage interview process, with interviews available from W/C 10/10/22 and a start can be organised as soon as it suits both parties. Salary is dependent on experience and there’s no designated banding but can pay above current market rate for the right individual.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be responsible and accountable to the Pre Con Director for all precontract activities
- Coordinate Client / Customer contact in line with agreed strategy
- Manage and coordinate all aspects of pre contract activities including, estimating, planning, procurement, governance
- Where required lead the bid management process to ensure that tender deliverables are produced in a timely and effective manner
- Oversee and / or interrogate design option and value engineering solutions in line with the customers remit
- Manage and Coordinate preconstruction governance assurance for all projects within your portfolio
- Lead and coordinate commercial / engineering reviews as required by the governance assurance procedure
Who are we looking for?
- Degree / HND Qualification in Quantity Surveying/Estimating
- Demonstrable experience in / Quantity Surveying/Estimating at Commercial Management level
- Experience of working in the Pre-Construction Environment
- Experience of delivering D&B fit out projects
- Experience of bid management
- Effective communications skills
- Thorough knowledge of UK Construction market and current best practices