0161 976 3540
about 1 year ago
Salary: £40k - £50k
A large rail manufacturing company is looking for a procurement manager to join their team on their Chard site.
Procurement Manager - Responsibilities would include:
- Define and lead the purchasing strategies for the Company In order to increase profitability and drive the improvement of the overall sourced goods and services cost to sales ratio. Manage the supply base to achieve the above and protect the company against potential unfavourable market trends.
- Working with internal and external stakeholders challenge technical solutions and drive towards standardisation in the development of a robust supply chain to support business requirements.
- Develop and implement procurement solutions to reduce Company inventory eg: vendor managed consignment stock, safety stock held by vendor etc.
- Ensure the Company’s procurement strategy is in line with the Business Unit, Group
- Deliver the procurement budget and identify and implement cost saving opportunities for direct & indirect spend. For projects, improve the contract margin in line with Company targets.
- Implement and increase supplier contract coverage in line with Group targets.
- Manage supplier performance and develop improvement plans with the focus to improve Supplier On-Time Delivery (SOTD)
- Generate weekly, monthly KPis and report performance against them. Generate supporting improvement plans and demonstrate performance against plans.
- Develop and implement a digitisation plan for the department.
- Attend Programmes & Production Reviews to provide procurement inputs.
- Monitor and report KPIs on team performance, efficiency, and effectiveness in delivering a procurement service to support business needs.
Procurement manager – Person Requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the industry in a Procurement manager role. You will also have the following skills, qualifications, and experience:
- Minimum of 2 years working in a procurement management role.
- CIPs Level 5 minimum requirement
- Experienced in project purchasing, skilled negotiator.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Experience in managing and improving supplier performance.
- Demonstrated evidence of cost savings achieved.
- Demonstrated evidence of contribution to inventory reduction.
- Knowledge of end-to-end business process.
- Knowledge of manufacturing cycle and procurement interfaces.
- Ability to respond in a pressured environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint