35000-45000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
11 months ago
Reporting to the Operations and Purchasing Director, the Procurement Manager will be responsible for managing the day-to-day product supply and procurement activities, through close liaison with Operations, Sales and Suppliers, as well as managing the organisation’s sourcing operations.
The ideal candidate should have strong analytical skills, able to demonstrate solid business and decision-making qualities, as well as good planning skills. This is an exciting opportunity to help further the growth of a global, industry-leading company, using your expertise to meet targets and aid and improve business performance, delivering best value and business savings. Commercial and financial awareness with an ability to manage budgets is a key part of this role, so having a head for numbers would be hugely beneficial!
This role will involve a great deal of working with others, both within the business and outside, so the perfect candidate should have superb communication skills, able to negotiate and sustain networking relationships
Demand & Supply Analyst - Responsibilities would include:
- Management of day-to-day purchasing and sourcing activities
- Responsibility and accountability for the purchase of goods, materials, and services to ensure that the company’s operational needs are met, taking into account price, quality and delivery to ensure continuity of supply.
- Management of the company’s supply portfolio, ensuring all policies and processes are in place to meet company objectives.
- Analyse and calculate costs of procurement and suggest methods to decrease expenditure.
- Invent negotiation strategies and secure profitable deals to maximise cost savings and better product pricing.
- Optimize sourcing procedures to attain maximum efficiency.
- Estimation of possible risks and application of risk minimizing techniques.
- Conduct research to source the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery and quality for the business, negotiating and agreeing on contracts with trustworthy vendors and monitoring the quality of service provided.
- Build and maintain good relationships with new and existing suppliers.
- Manage, coach and develop a team of Purchasing and Sourcing Assistants.
- Develop strategies to make sure that cost savings and supplier performance targets are met or exceeded.
- Undertake value for money reviews of existing contracts and arrangements.
- Analysis of data to produce reports and statistics on spending and saving.
- Implement effective KPI & SLA metrics to monitor department & supplier performance.
- Facilitate quarterly meetings to review supplier performance and identify cost saving proposals.
Product Forecasting / Supply / Demand
- Management of monthly/quarterly forecasting process, in close liaison with the sales team and supply points, ensuring forecasts have been subject to sufficient level of challenge and accurately reflect business needs.
- Monitoring of stock levels at stock points, ensuring live and accurate data is available to the business, and managing of stock outages by being the key focus for co-ordinating and communicating commercial decisions.
- Liaise with manufacturing and suppliers to ensure optimum product availability in line with commercial requirements.
- Tracking of sales forecasts against supply to identify any demand / supply imbalances.
- Tracking of customer volume off take against forecasted volume.
- Communicate the supply / demand picture on a daily basis to the relevant parts of the business and, where necessary, control the product allocation process.
- Ensure continuity of supply of on-specification product to customers and of high stock availability (OTIF) from our approved suppliers.
- In the event of a non-conforming product being produced, reviewing of alternative supply sources / alternative product solutions and / or liaising with the Customer Service to seek a concession / product waiver.
Demand & Supply Analyst – Person Requirements & Benefits:
The employee should ideally have the following attributes to be proficient in their role:
- BSc degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration or enough relevant experience within procurement.
- CIPS (Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply) certification.
Essential Skills/ Experience:
As the Procurement Manager will be heading a team within the department, the successful candidate should possess excellent communication and leadership skills, able to lead and motivate a team. Tact and diplomacy are necessities, as is resilience, with the ability to solve problems and make decisions, thinking strategically and laterally whilst under pressure from demanding targets and tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal and presentation.
- Supply and Procurement experience on a managerial level, with knowledge of European and import transactions.
- Experience in all aspects of importing goods, container management, Incoterms, duty and clearance processes.
- Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management and relevant software.
- Sound business judgement with a good understanding of market dynamics.
- Strong project management and leadership skills.
- Ability to negotiate and sustain networking relationships.
- Numeracy skills in order to analyse facts and figures - comfortable with collecting and interpreting data.
- Commercial and financial awareness of managing budgets and keeping costs down.
- Strong analytical ability and planning skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with internal and external teams.
- Time management skills and the ability to deliver to deadlines.
- Free Perkbox membership – access to range of discounts including money off supermarket shops and gym memberships.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Bonus scheme
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Profit sharing
- Sick pay
- Wellness programmes