0161 976 3540
11 days ago
Location: Chard, Somerset
My client is looking for an experienced procurement manager to join their team and will be responsible to define and lead the purchasing strategies for the Company In order to increase profitability and drive the improvement of the overall sourced goods and services cost to sales ratio.
Procurement Manager - Responsibilities would include:
- Manage the supply base to achieve the above and protect the company against potential unfavourable market trends.
- Working with internal and external stakeholders challenge technical solutions and drive towards standardisation in the development of a robust supply chain to support business requirements
- Develop and implement procurement solutions to reduce Company inventory eg: vendor managed consignment stock, safety stock held by vendor etc.
- Motivate, manage, and develop the procurement team enabling provision of a flexible procurement service to the business
- Ensure the Company’s procurement strategy is in line with the Business Unit, Group
- Deliver the procurement budget and identify and implement cost saving opportunities for direct & indirect spend. For projects, improve the contract margin in line with Company targets
- Manage the supplier selection process in line with Company process. Implement and increase supplier contract coverage in line with Group targets
- Manage supplier performance and develop improvement plans with the focus to improve Supplier On-Time Delivery (SOTD)
- Generate weekly, monthly KPis and report performance against them. Generate supporting improvement plans and demonstrate performance against plans
- Manage the team to deliver basic procurement activities to support the business: Eg: on-time placement of orders, authorise procurement contracts for loading to company system; manage company system exception messages; batch requirements to achieve price breaks; maintain supplier lead times etc.
- Identify and implement delegated procurement where possible and in conjunction with relevant stakeholders
- Develop and implement a digitisation plan for the department
- Attend Programmes & Production Reviews to provide procurement inputs
- Monitor and report KPIs on team performance, efficiency, and effectiveness in delivering a procurement service to support business needs
- Perform 1 to 1s and performance reviews with the team. Generate development plans for individuals and team to ensure the development of a multi-skilled, flexible team
Procurement Manager– Person Requirements & Benefits:
- Minimum of 2 years working in a procurement management role
- CIPs Level 5 minimum requirement
- Experienced in project purchasing, skilled negotiator
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Experience in managing and improving supplier performance
- Demonstrated evidence of cost savings achieved
- Demonstrated evidence of contribution to inventory reduction
- Knowledge of end to end business process
- Knowledge of manufacturing cycle and procurement interfaces
- Ability to respond in a pressured environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint