21500 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
2 months ago
A large manufacturing company have an opportunity for an enthusiastic and experienced candidate that can provide Procurement Support To effectively transact the operational activities in the Procurement function.
Procurement Support - Responsibilities would include:
To ensure that key procurement operational activities are processed in a timely manner to ensure materials can be supplied in line with our requirements including:
- Purchase requisitions & ME59 report (including advance warning reports).
- Price queries from suppliers – agreed with the Strategic buyers.
- Invoice queries.
- Warranty and rejections.
- ISO certification for all suppliers and maintain records in SAP.
- Interface error management reports; including cable.
- To effectively manage processes across Procurement and other functional teams including:
- New stock introductions.
- To produce monthly information relevant to a specific target area to understand performance of the suppliers and all activities across the procurement teams to identify potential failures early.
- To manage adhoc requirements including Code 3 orders.
- To support business/process improvement activity.
- Work in a safe manner, taking reasonable care for the Health and Safety of yourself and other people at work, following appropriate Health and Safety guidance, training and Company rules and procedures as appropriate.
- Report any accidents, hazards, or dangerous/unsafe behaviour to your line manager immediately.
Procurement Support – Person Requirements:
- Skills or aptitudes required in a customer or supplier facing environment.
- Keyboard skills and knowledge of technical and commercial terms.
- Systems capability – training period required 1-2 months.
- GCSE grades A – C or Scottish Standard Grades or BTEC first diploma or NVQ-2 equivalent