Product Line Sales Manager
50000-55000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
about 1 year ago
Product Line Sales Manager
Location: Chard, Somerset (Remote Available)
A well-established manufacturer Support the growth of the Order Intake for manufacturing site product lines, identification, and development of a portfolio of assigned customers for the Industrial & Infrastructure products and services in line with the strategic growth plans.
Product Line Sales Manager – Job Role:
- Research and build / enhance relationships with existing and new customers -Visit as appropriate to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities, (meet potential customers by growing, maintaining, and leveraging contacts).
- Identify decision makers within the customers’ organisation.
- Set up and lead meetings with customers’ decision makers, (supported by relevant Wabtec staff when relevant).
- Work with the Group functions and the relevant business units to develop proposals that meet the customers’ needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Present existing and new propositions (products and services) to targeted customers.
- Respond to RFQs issued by targeted customers.
- Manage Tender from Request for Quotation up to contract award and signature in liaison with technical department
- Arrange and participate in internal and external customer briefs and debriefs
- Identify and record opportunities that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market trends.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on market trends and customers’ business drivers with a view to developing new propositions to support the generation and deployment of winning strategies
- Submit monthly progress reports.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system.
- Develop and manage account plans and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet the Group’s targets. • Forecast sales targets.
- Work with the Group Marketing Manager to support the development and deployment of the group marketing activities including long term Strategic plan (STRAP)
- Understand the company’s goal and purpose to enhance the company’s performance.
- Ensure compliance with company’s procedures and corporate policies
- •Respond to RFQs issued by targeted customers
- Coordination of all project tender bids compliant with corporate policies & procedures
- Collaborating and liaising with internal departments to produce fully compliant tender packages
- Lead tender & project start up meetings
- Adhere at all times to the company’s Health, Safety & Environmental instructions and requirements
- Take on any other reasonable responsibilities or tasks that are within the employee's skills and abilities
Product Line Sales Manager – Person Requirements:
- Experience within the composite and industrial industry is highly valued but not essential
- Technical knowledge of composite is advantage but not essential
- Experience of networking, prospecting, research writing and closing skills.
- Experience of sales planning.
- Proven experience of achieving sales goals in B2B.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Able to prepare offers, calculations, negotiate, communicate with internal / external partners and customers
- Travel throughout the UK and case by case within Europe.
- Able to attend some meetings out of normal office hours