35000-40000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
5 months ago
My client is a large automotive manufacturer and is looking for a production controller to join their team and be based on their Croydon site.
Production Controller – Job Role:
- Planning of workshop activity, including overhauls and repair. Identify risks to meeting planned delivery dates and work with sales, workshop, and supply chain to mitigate risk.
- Communicating to sales the completion dates for workshop activity on a regular basis as jobs progress through the day.
- Day to day liaison and problem solving with workshop on production issues.
- Raise production/service orders for the workshop either to a project schedule or adhoc as units arrive from customers, then plan in these orders to be worked on.
- Schedule components to arrive on time to meet customer order requirements in association with purchasing.
- Run shortage reports for the jobs to make sure parts are available on time.
- Liaison with sales on customer priorities and ensure systems are kept updated to reflect latest customer schedules.
- Subcontract buying and coordination of subcontract activities directly with suppliers.
- Process completed shop floor paperwork ensuring all labour and parts bookings are accurate.
- Arranging transportation for incoming/outgoing product as required.
- Deputises for the Production Manager in their absence
- Developing strategies to make production lines more efficient.
- Full participation in Production Meetings, including reporting job progress at production meetings and risks to completion duties.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time.
Production Controller – Person Requirements:
- Degree or Engineering background is essential, good understanding of mechanical engineering processes or alternatively significant engineering experience in a previous role is required.
- Production control / planning experience is essential
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills required
- Experience of an ERP systems essential
- Navision ERP system desirable (but not essential as training will be given)
- Ability to work accurately under pressure and to tight deadlines