30000-40000 Per Annum
over 3 years ago
Location: Southport / Blackpool Area
Salary: £35k - £40k plus excellent benefits
A large tier 1 manufacturing company are now looking for a Production Engineer to join their Precision Machining Division.
Production Engineer - Job Responsibilities and Tasks:
To assist the Production Manager with the identification and coordination of improvement activities and projects to improve throughout and cost reduction whilst maintaining a safe environment for the team, leading to increased machine productivity, OTDIF, quality standards achieved and reduction in waste.
- Enforcing Health and Safety policies and safe working procedures are adhered to ensuring that the team are also conducting safe operations
- Ensure your area of responsibility complies with the environmental management system
- Ensure that the company ISO 9001 management system is adhered to
- Increase productivity and reduce scrap through LEAN processes
- Reviewing operator quality and addressing training requirements with the Production Supervisor
- Assist in day to day auditing of processes to ensure audit compliance
- Maintain performance measurements and advise on improvements accordingly
- Work with the Production Manager to effect a total preventative maintenance program to proactively reduce unplanned downtime
- Justify and prepare purchase orders for equipment for improvement activities
- To seek and identify opportunities for improved efficiencies and competitive advantage, adopting a discipline of continuous improvement
- Involvement in costing generation and analysis of current cycle times for reduction and improvement
- NPI responsibility, including assessment method, material and equipment selection
- Provide training in production, in-process quality inspection, material handling and equipment safety checks to operators
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Work with multi functional teams to achieve project goals
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times and ensure confidentiality is maintained
Production Engineer - job requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Continuous Improvement Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold an engineering qualification such as HNC, HND or BEng
- Ideally experience of implementing LEAN Tools and Techniques such as 5S, 5Y, 7 wastes, kaizen, JIT, POKE YOKE Etc.
- Ideally hold a SixSigma qualification
- Must have a precision machining background such as CNC with CNC Machines such asn Mori Seiki, Doosan, Hitachi Seiki, DMG, Biglia and Mazak CNC lathes with twin spindle along with single and twin turret configurations
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.