32000-38000 Per Annum
over 1 year ago
Salary: Circa £32k - £38k plus excellent benefits
A local engineering and manufacturing company are now looking for a Production Engineer to join their team.
Production Engineer – Overview
To support the manufacture of the company’s existing and new product range through generating effective engineering information/systems/manufacturing processes and facilities in accordance with H&S legislation.
To implement a successful Lean Manufacturing culture, focusing on continual improvement and the elimination/reduction of all wastes by educating the business and removing non value-added waste from the business processes
Production Engineer – Responsibility
- Utilisation of LEAN tools (Value Stream Mapping) identify Non-Value Added activities within the process to improve efficiency and reduce costs
- Generate and maintain accurate build specifications and works order information on the company’s manufacturing system (through liaison with Sales and Design/Engineering function);
- Responsible for reviewing/approving efficient drawing issue/drawing changes, plus the control of their introduction, including stock control and updating the company’s manufacturing system (build specifications and works orders), plus control of drawing hardcopies. Communicate and support drawing issues / changes with production;
- Administration of controlled build and maintaining the accuracy of the companies bills of materials and part locations. Maintain and develop the build process documentation/instructions used in all areas of production;
- Through liaison with production personnel, review, control and implement effective and efficient improvements to engineering specifications, fixtures/tooling, build operations and logistics organisation;
- Provide support to quality assurance/control activities with reference to supplier, customer and internal quality/engineering issues. Liaison and review with suppliers to resolve engineering queries and manufacturing/engineering cost down improvements. Responsible for hands on analysis, problem solving and development of all production processes, methods and engineering specifications. Maximise the effectiveness and efficiency of all operations and engineering specifications;
- Development of cellular manufacturing/flow line/single piece flow principles through each of the product/supply areas, including value stream mapping, balancing, simplification, tooling, fixtures, and configuration/ergonomics of workstations;
- People / culture development and training in alignment with new methods / practices being introduced. Encourage and facilitate improvements promoted from the employee teams through the use of Total Quality Management techniques;
- Logistics development through defining/implementing refined parts flow, location organisation and material control processes/kanban systems. Develop and maintain the practices necessary to achieve excellent housekeeping standards through 5S and Visual Factory;
- Support make versus buy analysis/costing to maximise commercial advantage. Liaison and review with suppliers to engineer cost out of component supply;
- Project management of small to medium projects. Driven to deliver projects from initiation to implementation and handover.
- The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role and the organisation’s overall business objectives, this may include the training and mentoring of colleagues.
Production Engineer - job requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Production Engineer. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or 5 years’ experience;
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma in the manufacturing field preferable;
- Demonstrated engineering/manufacturing experience;
- Excellent analytical skills combined with good negotiation and conflict management skills with proficiency in computers would be beneficial.
- Project management experience would be beneficial
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.