33000-35000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
3 months ago
My client is a large manufacturer and is looking to strengthen and expand its production engineering department to support new and existing business.
Duties include the identification, project management and implementation of capital expenditure projects, introduction and validation of new machines, new product introduction, as well as productivity and process improvement projects.
Candidates should be able to show potential for, high levels of expertise in managing multi-functional large value complex projects from product concept, design for manufacture, new product introduction to manufacturing process improvements.
Production Engineer - Job Role:
- Apply lean manufacturing techniques to plan, implement and monitor improvements in manufacturing tools, techniques and processes to:
- Improve output
- Improve machine uptime and productivity
- Reduce scrap and rework
- Improve the delivery of finished goods
- Improve the quality of finished goods
- Minimise safety incident rates
- Help to ensure a continually improving environment
- Manage engineering changes to production/materials
- Resolve immediate product technical problems with NPI
- Involvement in the identification, development, project management and implementation of capital expenditure projects. Ensure strict control over costs and resource levels.
- Active involvement with the NPI process to ensure the smooth introduction of new products into manufacturing.
- Plan, implement and monitor all new product/variant introductions with emphasis on efficient factory layout, process flow and optimising of capital equipment.
- Attend design review meetings to influence decisions taken towards ‘design for test’ and ‘design for manufacture’.
Production Engineer – Person Requirements:
- 1 Experience of Production or Manufacturing Engineering within the automotive Tier 1 or FMCG environment. In particular have proven experience in:
- DFMA/FMEA/Six sigma/Statistical Process Control methodologies and their application.
- Cell layout, manufacturing process and work station design.
- Materials flows, Kanban system and pull systems.
- Project management of NPI processes and activities
- Degree level qualification or equivalent in Manufacturing Engineering or related discipline is preferred.
- Have the potential to implement change, making the manufacturing process lean.
- Familiarity with all aspects of the project life cycle from design to production.
- Knowledge of CAD systems, ideally AutoCAD, to generate designs of parts and tooling.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including communication, presentation and motivation.
- Multi-skilled in mechanical and electrical engineering – specifically hydraulics and pneumatics.
- PLC skills for Siemens, Mitsubishi and Allan Bradley controls would be an advantage.
- Honours degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Systems Engineering subject .