37000-42000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
almost 4 years ago
Location Information - Tewkesbury
Salary £37-£42k DOE
A local manufacturer is now looking for a Production Engineer to join their team.
Production Engineer - To manage all manufacturing operations. This will be a senior role in the organisation, reporting directly to the Managing Director.
Production Engineer - Key Accountabilities
* Overall management of production staff and processes
* Create production plans, monitor and report on progress
* Liaison with design on build issues and machine enhancements
* Manage procurement process from Bills of Materials/Parts lists
* Liaison with Suppliers and Purchasing
* Manage stores, stock level optimisation and control
* Provide technical input on assembly, fabrication and electrical issues
o interpreting technical documentation (drawings, circuit diagrams, OEM manuals etc)
o assisting with Siemens S7 PLC/ Profinet issues
o Diagnostic/ trouble shooting assistance
* Carry out machine commissioning process, liaising with sales and chemical departments to ensure machine/equipment is fit for trials and despatch
* Maintain and develop the Quality Management system including ISO9001
* Manage health and safety of staff and the working environment
* Implementing efficiency management programmes, eg 5S / Lean, as required
* Staff recruitment and training
Production Engineer - Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate would have appropriate academic qualifications, perhaps a degree in mechanical engineering, plus extensive relevant experience in manufacturing, ideally machine building. The machine build process requires skills in assembly, pneumatics and electrics with knowledge of PLCs being very useful.
For more information please call Emily Jackson on 0161 976 3540
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.