40000-41000 Per Annum
over 1 year ago
Position: Production Manager (Final Assembly)
Shifts: 3 weeks of days
1 week of early shifts
1 week of afternoon/late shifts
Rotating every 5 weeks
An engineering company who are a bespoke body builder for trucks and coaches now requires a Production Manager from a Final Assembly (fitment of pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical/PLC systems) background.
The company are growing rapidly and changing to a two-shift system to meet the demand for their products. They are looking for someone who is pro-active, adaptable and has previous experience of implementing process change within a business going through rapid growth.
Production Manager - Job Description:
- Direct Reports – Deputy Shift Supervisor / Shop Floor teams. (20+ people)
- Provide leadership and support to your direct reports to deliver quality products on time.
- Personal development and coaching of Shift Supervisors.
- Work with the senior management team and Process Manager to support a culture of change, development and continuous improvement whilst conforming to all Health and Safety policy and processes.
- Health and Safety - Maintain and implement where required Health & Safety policy and safe working practices to provide a safe working environment. Create and review risk assessments, Health and Safety auditing, delivering safety standards, COSHH assessment review, delivery of toolbox talks.
- Quality improvements – Identify quality defects within the production process. Effective documentation & communication of issues with responsible people/departments where appropriate.
- Analyze data to assess performance and implement permanent corrective actions within the build process. Communicate Quality Alerts with direct reports and shop floor.
- Implement and drive forward new procedures regarding 5S standards in your areas.
- Self-auditing of responsible areas to ensure departments standards and systems are sustainable.
- Work with the Process Manager to identify ways to improve current processes and systems for your department. Work together on agreed projects in line with the business and department objectives.
- Responsible for resource planning (people) and process management, recruitment, disciplinary, coaching, performance reviews in your area.
- Work to the live production schedule. Daily communication with the Manufacturing Manager and Scheduler to discuss build schedule.
- Implement and sustain visual management in production areas to track, maintain and report on production department KPI’s (Safety, Quality, Delivery, 5S & Skills).
- Analysis of Target Hours vs Actual Hours. Ensure target build hours are worked towards and achieved.
- Effectively communication with Manufacturing Manager, Production Manager & other members of the team.
- Develop and refine department standards in line with the business quality system.
- Future job rotation / department rotation is an option to encourage personal & department development.
- Attend production meetings to provide input for your department.
Production Manager - Job Requirements
The ideal candidate must come from the engineering industry as a Production Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications, and experience:
- A strong understanding of Final Assembly – fitment of pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical/PLC systems
- Pro-active, adaptable, and used to working in a rapidly growing company
- Implemented production kpi’s
- Experience of Lean Manufacturing techniques (5S, Six Sigma, Kaizen etc).
For more information, please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.