40000-45000 Per Annum
6 months ago
Location: Tonbridge, Kent
Salary: £40k - £45k Plus excellent benefits
A local engineering company who provides spray drying solutions to the manufacturing industry now requires a Production Manager to join their team.
Production Manager - Job description:
Take full ownership of the company’s Production Management requirements ensuring the business manufactures our spray dried products to our clients specifications. You must be able to work to tight deadlines and ensure quality is at the forefront of every order we complete.
As part of the senior management team we would like our Production Manager to be heavily involved in the planning and implementation of production schedules to ensure deadlines are met. This will require the successful candidate to manage a production workforce (supported by a team of Supervisors) that works to a rotating 24/5 system and maintain a highest standards of product production and delivery.
Production Manager - Production Manager Duties:
- Responsible for all aspects of production and production staff.
- Work within our ISO9001-2015 & GMP systems.
- Plan, schedule, and review workloads and manpower to ensure targets are met on a cost- effective basis.
- Monitor and maintain production and quality standards to the highest levels.
- Help investigate all manufacturing incidents or non-conformances and together with the Operations Manager and Technical Manager identify root causes and implement the necessary corrective actions to prevent re-occurrence.
- Maintain communications with all Production personnel and provide feedback on individual’s performance and quality standards.
- Support and from time to time deliver the monthly briefings to plant personnel.
- Carry out constant site inspections to ensure production procedures are being properly implemented.
- Assist with in-house training with other managers to ensure CPD is being maintained by all production staff.
- Ensure that health and safety regulations are followed and provide guidance to employees.
- As part of the Senior Management team you will be expected to support all functions of the business to and work together with all other departments.
- Assist in making important policy, planning, and strategy decisions.
- Develop, implement, and review operational policies and procedures.
- Ensure all Production documents are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Oversee our internal Laboratory and staff.
Production Manager – Person Requirements:
The ideal candidate will come from the engineering industry as a Production Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- It is essential that you have worked for a Spray Drying company as a Production Manager
- Must have demonstrable production management experience from a Manufacturing industry (Ideally Food or Pharma.)
- Production Planning experience for a 24-hour operation.
- Must have a recognised qualification in Mechanical Engineering and ideally a working knowledge of electrics.
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.