30000-35000 Per Annum
about 1 month ago
Location: Castleford, West Yorkshire
Salary: Circa £30k - £35k
Hours of Work
Monday to Friday 7.00 am to 4.00 pm
A local fabrication manufacturing company are now looking for a Production Manager to join their team.
Production Manager – Responsibility
- Oversee entire manufacturing process. To implement, plan and control the production schedule to meet installation deadlines.
- Enforce quality control to meet quality objectives and compliance with ISO and BS EN standards. Detect and correct problems.
- Procurement of materials and goods. Estimate production costs and implement cost control programmes.
- Ensure efficient collaboration and co-ordination between relevant departments and Project Managers.
- Implementation and adherence to health and safety procedures.
- Monitor and review the performance of workshop staff and organize necessary interventions for improvement if required.
- Authorise timesheets.
Production Manager- job requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Production Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- At least 2 years’ experience at Management level within a production and fabrication environment.
- Must have a background in welding and fabrication. Knowledge of principles and practices – be a time served fabricator.
- Have the ability to read fabrication drawings.
- Knowledge of general fabrication/ welding processes and familiar with CAD.
- To be able to work to tight deadlines and prioritise workload.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good IT skills.
- Previous experience in illuminated signage would be desirable.
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.