30000-40000 Per Annum
5 months ago
Location: Telford, Shropshire
Salary: Circa £30k - £40k
Shifts: 2.00pm – 10pm – Mon – Fri
A local engineering and manufacturing company are now looking for a Production Manager to join their team.
Candidate Summary: Experienced Production Manager with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing / process engineering environment, with excellent communication, leadership & management skills.
- A hands-on role managing a team of filling line operatives, working over 2 shifts
- To motivate and give direction to teams, whilst maintaining quality standards
- To plan and control work flow to meet customer deadlines,
- Staff management, performance, absence, recruitment, discipline and grievance, carry out regular team briefings and communication
- Producing and improving KPI’s
- To work on improvements with each department within production & laboratories with regard to practices, processes and procedures
- To control opex costs
- Manage capital expenditure projects.
- To be proficient using automated manufacturing system, Siemens PCS7 and to develop and improve
- To produce CI project work to improve current processes, practices and filling output
- To undertake operational duties as required to meet deadlines and / or cover for staff absence, filling gaps in resources
- Maintenance of stocks of materials and consumables
- Maintain required standards of health and safety
- Maintain required standards of housekeeping
- Checking accuracy of product specification
- Manage staff leave and working arrangements within the team to ensure operational areas of production are adequately staffed and maintained.
Candidates should have excellent communication skills at all levels, expert knowledge of manufacturing process, planning, quality standards of 5S, continuous improvement, lean and reliability engineering and have excellent IT skills.
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.