45000-53000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
about 2 months ago
Salary: Base salary £50k plus company car and profit share scheme
Working hours 5.30am – 4.30pm Mon – Fri
A local fabrication manufacturing company are looking for an exceptional hands-on Production Manager to join their team.
This is a traditional fabrication workshop that is fast paced in a dusty environment that also includes a lot of manual lifting.
Production Manager - Job spec as follows.
• Open up the factory each morning at 5.30am including lights on, machines on ready for the day
• To attend daily production meetings to discuss works for next day
• To follow that work through and make sure everything is fabricated and coated for designated dispatch time/dates.
• Attend weekly management meetings to review KPI performance of each station/individual that week with our lean production manager to discuss financial targets for that week just gone and the week after.
• to overlook our 4 departments of fab and weld, cut and screw, powder coat and small works fab and weld to ensure everybody is working productively, safely and output is within timeframes for our chosen delivery slot.
• Work with our lean manufacturing manager to set new KPI targets and ensure these are being hit hour by hour.
• Inspect quality as part of daily duties, very fast-moving shop we would expect checks on each station being done hourly.
• To organise men in and around workload and designate overtime where needed.
• To organise and manage shopfloor holidays to ensure no cross over of department personnel.
Production Manager – Personal Requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the Manufacturing environment as a Production Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
• Have a strong production management background
• Ideally have a fabrication background
• Managed a large production team
• Have a hands on approach
For more information please call Emily Jackson on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.