20000-24000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
5 months ago
Beam Saw Operative
Location Information – Trafford Park
Hours of Work: 3 Shift pattern
Salary £22 - £24k (plus shift and attendance allowance)
A local manufacturer is now looking for a Beam Saw Operative to join their team.
This role is for a production operative to be primarily involved in the manufacture of composite parts utilising a range of production machinery including Panel saws, cross cut saws and Belt Sanders.
The production operative will be required to work safely on a number of machines or processes and will be expected to meet set production and quality targets on a daily basis. Full relevant training will be given to the successful candidate.
Beam Saw Operative - Key Accountabilities
- Ensure any activities you carry out are done with Health and Safety criteria at the forefront – i.e ensure Safe Working Procedures, Risk Assessments and Lock out/Tag Out procedures are read and understood before operating any equipment on site.
- Maintain a high level of housekeeping standards in any area you operate
- Ensure documentation is completed fully and accurately when performing any duties on the shop floor.
- Raise any performance or H&S issues immediately with the shift leader or supervisor.
- Make suggestions on how to improve the processes in relation to production quality or manufacturing time.
- Meet production and quality criteria on a daily basis.
- Carry out quality checks on products and record the information accurately.
- Assist in training and mentoring new operatives in that cell
- To carry out additional reasonable duties as required by business needs.
Beam Saw Operative - Qualifications and experience
- Experience of working within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience of working in a target driven environment
- Performing Manufacturing Operations NVQ (desirable)
- Experience of operating panel saws essential – knowledge of cross cut saws and belt sanders would be advantageous
- Ability to competently use hand held measuring equipment such as Vernier calipers and micrometers
For more information, please call Emily Jackson on 0161 976 3540
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.