24000-26000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
3 months ago
Salary: £24k - £26k plus benefits
A global metal rolling manufacturing company are now looking to recruit a Production Planner.
Production Planner – Overview:
We are seeking an ambitious individual to join the Metal Planning and Sourcing team in Latchford. The Scheduler/Charge Planner works with the plant planning teams to co-ordinate production.
The role will schedule the flow of metal throughout the Plant and will be accountable to effectively sequence production while maintaining inventory buffer strategies.
The position requires close collaboration with the Supply Chain and Manufacturing teams.
Production Planner - Responsibilities would include:
- Confirming metal ahead of/flowing into operating units
- Build unit production schedule
- Release unit production schedule to shift operation unit
- Manage production line scheduling and sequencing
- Coordinate finished goods schedule with logistics team
- Inventory planning & management
- Operating & improving buying and stock control systems
- Communicating with suppliers, including the scheduling of deliveries and reporting issues etc.
- Booking transport and assisting with load planning
- Insuring continuous stock replenishment whilst optimising on-site inventory
- Setting up intake schedules, writing Stock and Systems Procedures
- Raw material intake/consumption monitoring and reporting
- General departmental administration duties
Production Planner – Person Requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing / engineering industry as a Production Planner. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- The ideal candidate will have a business degree or similar qualification/equivalent experience, with excellent analytical, planning and organisational skills.
- The successful candidate will be a strong team player with an affinity with required customer quality standards.
- You must be computer literate with good ability in Microsoft desktop applications software, including Word, Excel and Powerpoint.