32000-35000 Per Annum
over 1 year ago
Location: Frome, Somerset
Salary: Circa £32k - £35k plus excellent benefits
A local engineering and manufacturing company are now looking for an Production Supervisor to join their team.
Production Supervisor - Role Purpose
Responsibility for the day to day supervision, planning and resource management of operators, production facilities, materials and adherence to manufacturing documentation / procedures for all manufacturing processes. Allowing the business to achieve the manufacturing plans and performance objectives as required.
Championing the quality standards at all stages of the manufacturing process and ensuring that all the necessary health and safety requirements throughout all manufacturing and packing areas are met in full.
To provide an interface and voice from all levels of the business to the senior management, encouraging communication flow and engagement at all levels
Production Supervisor - Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily update of the manufacturing staff placement board before the commencement of normal production ensuring all staff are allocated to the most appropriate functions for optimum performance of the manufacturing areas
- Creation and implementation of manufacturing plans by effectively utilising MRP & IT systems for all areas within department.
- To create / maintain and review a detailed training matrix across all areas of the business, to ensure all functions can be covered from sickness and holiday
- To review all first off components for quality, weight and speed of manufacture, ensuring process capability and cost of manufacture are achieved
- Closely monitor the adherence to the daily plan, ensuring improvements and slippages are recorded and updated in the company MRP system
- Work closely with IT to ensure the accurate logging of production data, highlighting areas for improvement to develop the current or implement new manufacturing software
- Control the production of route cards and all other associated documentation including labels to allow for manufacturing traceability, identification and information.
- Review inventory levels to ensure finished products and raw materials are sufficient to meet the manufacturing and business needs and report on any shortages or overs to the necessary persons.
- Maintaining and improving the working environment and shop floor organisation of products, materials and documentation
- Provide clear visual identification of work in progress at machines and subsequent Manufacturing orders for processing
- Control and clearly identify material holding bays for movement of material’s or products to the next process or final location, utilising support staff to do so.
- Ensuring all manufacturing documentation and labelling is correct and suitable for its purpose
- Encourage and support all operators with Kiosk logging behaviours, including the logging of downtime to ensure production data is accurate
- Provide platform for two-way communication between operators and management on manufacturing needs and improvements, by walking the production area and engaging with the team
- Encourage and drive efficient and effective working practices within the manufacturing department, including continuous improvement methodology
- Communicate daily with the Manufacturing Engineering Manager and report any deviations to plan
- Monitor and Analyse systems data regarding manufacturing performance, including downtime, and other relevant measures and monitors. Identify areas for improvement from this analysis and inform the Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
- Support operators in all manufacturing processes to achieve best performance and best manufacturing practices.
- Providing on the job training and performance progression in line with the department skills matrix, to enhance the flexibility of the department
- Actively manage departmental discipline, timekeeping, return to work meetings, investigations and for all other tasks as they arise.
- Actively manage the Workshop staff to ensure they meet customer requirements in a timely manner
- Actively manage machine setters to ensure they have all required information and assistance in order to keep the manufacturing area working at an efficient level
- All other tasks identified by the Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Production Supervisor - Person Requirement:
The ideal candidate will come from an engineering or manufacturing background as an Production Supervisor. You will also have the following skills, qualifications, and experience:
- Ideally hold an engineering qualification such as C&G, HNC or HND
- A good understanding of basic engineering principles
- Managed a large team of up to 20 people
- Strong demonstrable leadership and communication abilities
- Good organisational skills and able to work to deadlines
- Proven Planning and scheduling abilities
- Strong systems knowledge with MRP and Scheduling software would be highly desirable
- Keen and willing to drive performance and improvements across the business
This position would also suit an Engineering Supervisor, Engineering Manager, Production Manager, Production Supervisor or recent REME or RE Service Leavers.
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.