30000-32000 Per Annum
almost 2 years ago
Salary: £30k - £32k Depending upon skills and experience
Shift: Days Monday to Friday
A local manufacturing company are now looking for a Production Supervisor to join their team.
A production Supervisors role within the Manufacturing team is to direct and co-ordinate activities on designated flow lines to ensure the Company's and departments business objectives in terms of cost, service, delivery and safety.
Direct and co-ordinate activities of the operations flow-lines to obtain optimum use of equipment, facilities and personnel. Ensure compliance of operations personnel to the organisations policies, procedures, safety rules and regulations. Support and co-ordinate investigations into customer complaints both internal and external relating to the processes of the designated flow-lines.
Production Supervisor - Key responsibilities:
- To lead and motivate team on designated flow lines to ensure delivery of KPI's in safety, cost, quality and delivery.
- Ensure that flowline personnel are fully utilised at all times.
- Monitor and direct activities towards waste reduction in:
- Scrap and rework
- Stock inventory (raw material and WIP)
- Assembly process times
- Active identification and participation in change initiatives to increase productivity.
- Facilitate and organise continuous improvement initiatives/programs within the department using modern manufacturing procedures (Cellular Manufacturing, Kan-Ban, Genba Kanri, Process Analysis).
Production Supervisor - Person requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Production Supervisor. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Two years minimum related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Skilled influencer to motivate direct reports in the attainment of departmental objectives.
- Capability to effectively communicate and record information in a practical manner i.e.: setting meeting agendas, recording actions and summarising data for management as required.
- PC literate and familiar with Microsoft Office suite and ERP systems such as SAP.
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.