24000-30000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
about 1 year ago
Location Information – Croydon
Salary £24 - £30k DOE
A local manufacturer is now looking for a Project Assistant to join their team.
The PMO & Project Assistant will instil a professional confidence and control that our Project Managers will recognise and rely on. The PMO will ensure that projects are managed in adherence to company procedure and policy, whilst making strides towards obtaining future business in the most effective way possible. The PMO will drive forward our productivity by allowing for better planning and takeover, reducing the total time spent in achieving a first delivery. In the role of Project Assistant, there shall be a strong focus shall be on fulfilling the needs of our projects by supporting all back-office tasks within the project management team.
Project Assistant - Key Accountabilities
- Work with all key business stakeholders to drive performance through improvements in governance, quality controls and project method
- Demonstrate ownership of Project processes, ensuring compliance with its implementation at all stages of a project
- Preparation, maintenance and development of project reporting tools
- Support of the Project Managers during project start-up until serial release
- Create all supporting project files and own the project structure
- Effective communication of the project status to the project team and steer group
- Preparation and upkeep of project related documentation
- Promotes project coherence throughout the business
- Ensure project compliance to Voith code of conduct and contract
- Conducting peer reviews with project managers and making a positive contribution
- To carry out other functions that are broadly consistent with role when required
Project Assistant – Qualifications
- Mechanical Engineering or Business based degree
- APM or Prince qualifications
- Experience of working in manufacturing, with repair and overhaul preferred
- Experience of working within a project team
- Fluent in MS Office including MS Project
- Experience in using Microsoft Navision and Excel Jet reporting preferred.
For more information, please call Emily Jackson on 0161 976 3540
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.