27000-32000 Per Annum
3 months ago
Location: Trafford Park, Manchester
Salary: £27k - £32k
A local manufacturing and engineering company are now looking for an experienced Project Engineer with CAPEX experience.
Project Engineer – Job Role:
The Project Engineer will work under the guise of Production, where they will report to the Production Manager. Their job role will cover the following items:
- Working with the production team to identify and carry out improvements to production machinery to improve efficiency.
- Identifying and carrying out energy reduction projects where applicable.
- Using process improvement analysis (e.g. NVAT studies, Kaizen) to generate improvement projects.
- Improving the reliability of existing production and service equipment.
- Maintaining a safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulation
- Developing routine maintenance plans.
- Organising and supervising outside contractors and ensuring they work to our stringent safety standards
- Managing capital & revenue projects with the following being undertaken:
- Establishing project scope and creating Justifications.
- Cost/ benefit analysis to generate proposals assessed by the board of Directors.
- Establishing the correct suppliers and managing timelines on and off site.
- Creating GANTT Timelines through project management software tools to track projects.
Project Engineer – Person Requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the Manufacturing Industry as a Project Engineer. You will have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold a HNC, HND or BEng in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Hold a Project Management qualification such as Prince2
- At least 3 years engineering work experience in an industrial environment. Both Electrical and Mechanical experience preferred.
- Experience with CAPEX projects
- Experience of CAD systems and MS Project would be advantageous.
- Experience working with services of electricity, gas, compressed air, steam, and water.
- Experience with Vacuum furnaces preferred but not essential.
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.