40000 Per Annum
3 months ago
Location: Gravesend, Kent
Salary: Circa £40k plus excellent benefits
A large manufacturing company are now looking for a Project Engineer to join their team.
Project Engineer – Overview
To support the strategic direction of the business in a safe, professional and proactive manner.
- To lead and manage delivery of the following projects types on site…
- Strategic Capital Investment Projects (CAPEX)
- Specific Operational Process Improvements
- Select Site Facilities Projects
Project Engineer – Responsibility
- Manage the overall project scope of Manufacturing projects and ensure safe implementation to budget, to schedule, to specification and in compliance with safety legislation and guidelines.
- The scope will include all aspects of projects…
- Design & Development
- Commercial Business Case
- Supply Chain Management
- Implementation & Validation
- Operational Handover
- Review & Lesson Learnt
- Providing project tracker reports and KPIs to monitor performance, including the identification of risks and proposing options to manage them.
- Ensure that all assets acquired or constructed during the project, are adequately capitalized and activated into the company fixed assets list. Ongoing ownership of the asset list is likely.
- Participate and take ownership where required in the areas of SIGO (SSHE management system), LPS (Loss Prevention System), Quality and Controls.
- Actively participate in the company personal development plan and opportunities to identify improvement and development opportunities.
- Cooperate with and support other members of the Engineering team and wider organisation to achieve their objectives, which may rely or benefit from your skills, knowledge or experience.
- To observe the company policies and guidelines and encouraging others to do so too
Project Engineer - job requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Project Engineer. You will also have the following skills, qualifications, and experience:
- Technical Degree (Mechanical / Electrical / Process / Chemical / Manufacturing Engineering)
- Minimum of 3 years managing projects in a manufacturing process environment
- Project management skills, ideally using a Stage-Gate type risk approach
- Ability to prepare and manage project specifications
- Applied commercial skills, particularly in relation to specifying equipment and service offer purchase order requirements
- Good awareness of CAPEX (capital) and OPEX (revenue) budgets
Project Engineer - DESIRABLE
- PRINCE 2 or other project management courses/qualification
- Lean Manufacturing
- 6 SIGMA
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.