35000-45000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
about 1 month ago
A large international automotive manufacturer are looking for an experienced purchaser to join their team based in Croydon.
Buyer - Responsibilities would include:
- To operate as a key member of the purchasing team
- Checking the MRP messages on a regular basis and placing the orders accordingly to cover demand and safety stock requirement.
- Ensure promised dates and planned dates for parts are accurate and meet requirements by regular liaison with internal and external suppliers.
- Updating materials requirements and usage trackers to provide ordering information for Purchasing Team.
- Dealing directly with project teams at VTGB to ensure all parts requirements are clearly understood, regularly monitored for accuracy and up to date information.
- Dealing directly with workshop supervision and stores to ensure consumable materials are available at the right time.
- Highlighting potential material issues well in advance of them becoming critical to allow Project Management and Purchasing Team to rectify.
- Managing supplier NCR process including root cause feedback and credit notes for parts rejected and returned.
- Liaise with Quality on any materials that fail to meet requirements ensuring that good quality replacements are made available in time to maintain project schedules.
- Consult with end users within the Company to ensure that supplied materials are fully responsive to the specified need and fully supportive of all quality requirements.
- Co-ordination with Engineering on any engineering change matters that may impact the suitability of materials procured for the project to ensure
- Ensure inventory levels are optimised whilst ensuring availability of materials.
- Develop existing supplier relationships and establish new suppliers as required
Buyer – Person Requirements:
- Experience of working in an Engineering (mechanical) environment is essential.
- Experience of purchasing from subcontract manufacturing companies is essential.
- Understanding of engineering drawings.
- High level of PC literacy; especially in Excel.
- Experience of an ERP system essential, Navision ERP system desirable (but not essential as training will be given
- Experience of initiating, negotiating, finalising and formalising product procurement
- Must possess a strong customer service orientation and sense of urgency whilst working in an organised manner
- Ability to travel throughout the UK
- Commitment and ability to work accurately under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Good analysis and communication (written and oral) skills essential
- Monday – Friday 36.5 working week
- 20 days holiday (pro rata)
- Annual Bonus (pro rata on year of joining)
- Life Assurance
- Pensions 3% EE and 6% ER
- Private Health Care
- Dental Scheme