23000-28000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
about 1 year ago
A large manufacturer has an opportunity for an enthusiasticPurchasing Administratorto join their operations team, who are responsible for over £1m of spend.
They are leading specialists in the design, manufacture and installation of bespoke magnetically shielded rooms, and have an expanding customer base throughout the UK, Europe, USA and Asia. With a full manufacturing facility in Staplehurst, Kent fully equipped with the latest technology we can provide our customers with the highest level of service and quality. All of our manufacturing processes, including heat treatment, are integrated in our production plant.
The successful candidate will be assisting in processing purchasing requests according to business needs both in terms of manufacture of the Company’s product lines as well as sundry purchases. Additional duties will include supporting all departments with stock and non-stock purchasing, supporting other departments with other general administration duties as required. The role will work closely with the internal Stores department who issue material & components for works orders. This role could grow to incorporate supplier management for the right person so if you have the passion to make this role your own and with future progression within an expanding company in mind this could be the position for you.
Purchasing Administrator - Responsibilities would include:
The Purchasing Administrator will be responsible for all aspects of purchasing, however some more detailed duties include the following:
- Processing all purchasing requirements Company-wide via the internal MRP system (Progress Plus)
- Liaising with the operations & stores teams, chasing delivery dates and ensuring shipments will be arriving on time
- Plus any other related tasks to support the operations department
- Supporting other departments with general administration tasks as required
Purchasing Administrator – Person Requirements:
- Experience of order processing & receipt
- Good interpersonal skills for dealing with suppliers
- IT proficient (experience of Excel/Word, etc.)
- Good organisational skills (multi-tasker)
- Team player
- Willingness to learn
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a similar role
- Experience in manufacturing
- Knowledge of engineering/fabrication and the ability to understand engineering drawings
- Previous experience of MRP software