21000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
10 months ago
Location: Bodmin, Cornwall
Salary: £19k - £21k
A local manufacturer is looking for a Purchasing Assistant to join their team to assist the Purchasing Manager in the procurement of goods and services to support Company operations efficiently and cost-effectively.
Purchasing Assistant - Responsibilities would include:
- Proactively manage and coordinate designated procurement responsibilities.
- Assist in the implementation of the Purchasing strategy.
- Negotiate with suppliers to ensure the best deal is secured for goods and services in terms of specification, quality, price and delivery.
- Raise purchase orders in a timely manner in line with organisational requirements for materials, components, sub-assemblies and/or services by interrogating the Company’s MRP system.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with critical and key suppliers.
- Liaise with internal customers to ensure timely and accurate specification of procurement requirements.
- Help review current working practices to ensure procedures are effective and efficient.
- Assist in reporting and reviewing supplier cost performance.
- Work with others to implement the Company’s policies & business objectives.
Purchasing Assistant – Person Requirements:
The employee should ideally have the following attributes in order to be proficient in their role:
- It is essential that this person has a willingness to learn with a flexible, friendly & positive approach; full training will be provided on all aspects of the job for the right candidate.
- Knowledge/experience of working within a Production role an advantage.
- Experience with Microsoft Office & IT Systems.
- Good attention to detail.
- GCSE or equivalent Grade C in Mathematics and English; or equivalent demonstrable experience.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the business both verbally & written.