0161 976 3540
about 1 month ago
Salary: Circa £40k
Reporting into the Operations Manager, Purchasing Manager oversees the purchasing of raw materials and supplies and evaluates purchasing procedures of the company, controls the purchasing department budget, and manages costs. They will negotiate pricing and oversee negotiation of contracts.
Purchasing Manager - Job Role:
- Develop and execute a streamlined purchasing process through vendor and purchased product consolidation.
- Collaborates with other departments and leadership to identify and develop needs and requirements for equipment, materials, products, and acceptable substitutions.
- Assesses current material availability; reasonably predicts future availability based on the market, delivery systems, and other variables.
- Prepares and presents market conditions and cost reports.
- Continuously strives to attain cost reductions in all purchased products.
- Drafts, explains, and implements instructions, policies, and procedures for purchasing and contract management.
- Evaluates and approves the conditions for issuing and awarding bids with vendors.
- Resolves grievances with vendors, contractors, and suppliers. Report quality concerns to appropriate department managers.
- Create and implement purchasing and recordkeeping systems.
- Maintain records of inventory to determine when new goods need to be ordered.
- Acts as the company’s representative in negotiations with suppliers.
- Coordinates removal or disposal of surplus materials.
- Administers the purchasing department budget.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Purchasing Manager – Person Requirements:
- Relevant buyer experience is required
- Advanced Excel skills a necessity. Systems literate with MRP or ERP
- Strong Supply Chain Management experience
- CIPS Qualification
- Initiative and a high degree of self-motivation are essential
- Excellent time management skills
- Takes responsibility and ownership of tasks/projects
- Focus on delivering high quality output in a timely manner
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency
- Familiar with control environment, inventory process
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and deliver on key priorities
- Proficient in report writing
- Strong verbal and written English, required
- Team Player