40000-60000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
about 1 year ago
My Client is a large manufacturer, and they are looking for an experienced Purchasing Manager to join their team. They will be responsible for the procurement budget of 12.0 million pounds pa. plus, stocks of 1.0~2.0 million pounds.
They will also:
- Lead a department which will include buying, purchasing and stock control.
- Key member of the Company Management Team reporting directly to the Managing Director.
Purchasing Manager- Responsibilities would include:
- Implement a fully functional live-stock system and integrated warehouse.
- Establish comprehensive sourcing, purchasing and inventory control processes.
- Review/Renegotiate all supplier contracts to achieve significant cost saves approx. 0.5~1.0 million pounds pa.
- Actively contribute to the Management Team on company-wide challenges and issues.
- Represent supply management on R&D’s new product development initiatives taking a leadership role for coordination of supply management responsibilities.
- Develop supply base contracts and expand scope of current areas of supply (especially on single-source contracts).
- Identify and develop potential suppliers in support of growth and operational efficiency objectives.
- Negotiate supply agreement terms with new and existing suppliers.
- Oversees the writing, review, awarding, and negotiating contracts in a cost-efficient way.
- Perform research on market changes, market forces, pricing, supply problems and develop and screen complex product specifications in order to make purchasing decisions.
- Investigate trends in pricing and availability of typical materials, goods and services.
- Lead project procurement planning, including recommendations on procurement timing and quantities.
- Leverage emerging low-cost economies (eg. China, India etc.) through alternative sourcing options.
- Coordinate and administer supply agreements with on-going supply partners.
- Overhaul the warehousing process; consolidate physical stocks and establish a goods issuance procedure
- Manage stock to optimal levels; realize inventory cost efficiencies in raw material and work in progress
Purchasing Manager– Person Requirements:
- Strategic thinker and ability to contribute at the seniority of the Management Team level.
- Strong leadership skills; be able to drive change and process improvements.
- Excellent communication skills; listening and interfacing skills with senior management, suppliers and the ability to provide guidance and mentoring to staff.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously under frequent changing priorities.
- Demonstrated project management experience driving to successful project completion.
- Good sense for the numbers.
- Computer literacy including Word and Excel
- At least 10 years work experience showing solid progression (including management experience) with 3-5 years hands on experience in manufacturing purchasing environment with a small to medium size company, preferably related to buying/management experience in building equipment components and materials.
- Background in lean manufacturing processes and a working knowledge of MRP & ERP systems.
- Convincing overall management-level awareness and understanding of the goals and objectives of the contracts & procurement function; the ability to define, initiate and fully implement actions necessary to achieve procurement functional excellence
- Strong project management skills as well as contract development and international sourcing.
- Superior negotiating skills: proven relationship management skills, along with a track record of successful negotiations of agreements